Monday, October 21, 2013

Awaiting Cat


Damn...these cats are fiendish devils!  We've seen, and even posted a photo from Dubrovnik, Croatia, many times cats perched beside someone fishing.  Thought they would patiently wait, and hope to have a smaller catch charitably tossed to them at the end of a long day.  Not at all!!
This cat showed up about an hour into our half day of fishing, stretched out, and seemed to just sunbathe and cat nap the day away waiting.  When I landed my first catch thirty minutes later, I quickly pulled it up out of the water and swung it over and onto the concrete pier in order to not have it wriggle off the line and flop away as Jihye's first one had done.  No sooner did I swing it over and onto the concrete than the cat shrieked and POUNCED and already had it in its mouth.  I wasn't worried about losing the fish, but I was concerned about hooking a damn cat.  I barked out and pulled the line hoping the cat had not taking the hook yet.  Fortunately the fish had only suffered a bloody bite mark to the body and was still on the hook.  Jihye shooed away the cat and we were finally able to bag it.  This persistent and stubborn cat waited the entire evening well into dark hoping we would toss it a catch.  In the end, we released our four bagged fish.  Maybe show some manners next time, cat.



No comments:

Post a Comment