Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Posing with the Largest Crab


This guy put up a helluva fight during the afternoon.  Repeatedly I'd drop the baited hook directly in front or beside it, and he'd nab it and scramble under the rocks.  Holding on for dear life, literally, I was more than once unable to break it free from its hold.  Pulling as hard as I could without breaking the line, he'd just sit there, stubborn and unmoving.  Finally I had to ask Jihye to come double-team it with me.  We were both baiting and drawing it out and away from its covered safe haven.  Finally I was able to tug the line just right and catch its underbelly.  It put up a decent fight once on land too, and the pincers were incredibly powerful, I thought he was going to tear apart my leather sandals.  Into the plastic water bottle and into a bag until getting him home and keeping part of his largest pincer as a rather unique souvenir.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your fishing and cooking skills of your catch of the day.

    ReplyDelete